Home Treats! Food goodies everyone can make at home! When you’re away from your country, you tend to miss dishes you usually find there. One of these dishes is the Tocino. Tocino is cured pork that is sweet to the taste. It is often served on breakfast together with eggs and some fried rice. So if you are craving for some tocino, or want to try them out, there is a way you can make them at home! The ingredients are really easy to get and its really easy to make as well! Impress your friends with some succelent and sweet cured pork!
500g Pork Shoulder (cut to small portions)
¾ cups Brown sugar
1 ½ tbsp Salt
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Vinegar
¼ cup Apple Juice
¼ tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients except the pork in a container with a cover. The container should be big enough to hold all the meat as well as the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Combine meat together with the mixture in the container and marinade them using your hands. Make sure you marinade each slice of pork thouroughly!
- Cover the container and let it sit on the counter overnight.
- Place the container inside the fridge and let it cure for about 2 to 3 days.
- To cook the tocino (after the curing process), pour a cup of water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, put the heat on low and place the meat in the pan. Let the meat simmer.
- When the water is a bit low, add some oil. Sometimes, the meat would have its own oil and you may not need to add some more.
- Once the water fully evaporates, fry the meat for a bit until the sugar caramelized.
- Serve them while they are hot!
Make those awesome Tocino and let your friends have a taste a bit of our home!